Nirmidas Career Opportunities
Nirmidas Biotech, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets breakthrough biological testing, assay and imaging technologies, based on a novel red to near infrared fluorescence (700-1700 nm) detection and imaging platform. We aim to develop personal and portable diagnostics systems for early disease diagnosis and prognosis monitoring, as well as for population-based screening. We also aim to develop an in vivo imaging systems for research, diagnosis, and therapeutics. Our products lie at the intersection of life science research, in vitro diagnosis, in vivo imaging, and digital healthcare.
As a member of the Quality team, you will have the opportunity to support daily Nirmidas Quality Assurance activities. These activities directly support the establishment of the Nirmidas Quality System for in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) assay product development and near infrared fluorescence (NIR) dye development. Moreover, you will be responsible for authoring, reviewing and revising relevant documentation, performing quality reviews, conducting review of batch production records, performing inspection and release of components, and assisting the Quality team in the implementation of the Quality System in compliance to GMP, ISO 13485 and other applicable regulatory requirements.
The duties of this position allow you to interact across the entire Nirmidas organization and interact as part of a collaborative team environment. Your ability to support the maintenance of the quality systems and processes will directly support the development and success of Nirmidas products and services.
Qualified applicants must have the desire and flexibility to work in a fast-paced startup environment. The ideal candidate is a flexible team player, who’s willing to learn, and values detail and efficient, clear communication. He or she applies hands-on experience from lab bench work in chemistry and biology to generate quality policies in a clear and effective manner.
- Supports design and development of Nirmidas Quality Management System
- Performs and acts to improve processes spanning purchasing, receiving, production, product development, order fulfillment, and more.
- Performs Nirmidas quality control functions
- Participate in IVD assay development activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management skills
- Demonstrated excellent technical reading and writing skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and is a team player.
Experience or Educational Requirements:
- Degree in chemistry, biology, bioengineering or in related scientific field
- Hands on experience with basic biological lab techniques is required
- You have GMP, ISO and Quality Assurance knowledge
- Understanding and familiarity with various forms of immunoassay and related instruments is a plus (e.g., ELISA)
- Industry experience in an IVD company is a plus
- Must have strong and effective team work ethics and interpersonal skills
Primary Location: North America-United States-CA-Palo Alto