Nirmidas Career Opportunities
Nirmidas Biotech, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets breakthrough biological testing, assay and imaging technologies, based on a novel red to near infrared fluorescence (700-1700 nm) detection and imaging platform. We aim to develop personal and portable diagnostics systems for early disease diagnosis and prognosis monitoring, as well as for population-based screening. We also aim to develop an in vivo imaging systems for research, diagnosis, and therapeutics. Our products lie at the intersection of life science research, in vitro diagnosis, in vivo imaging, and digital healthcare.
Biomedical Scientists and Engineers (2 positions available)
Biomedical scientists and engineers are needed for medical diagnostics development. Qualified applicants should have the desire and flexibility to work in a fast-paced startup environment. Candidates will participate in bio-assay development, and/or development of platforms and instruments in support of our current and future products. A strong background in bioassays, IVD product development, and/or building biomedical optics and optical devices for life science applications is desired.
- Develop biological assays for IVD. Preference will be given to R&D scientist who have in depth experience with FDA approved IVD products and/or clinical laboratory LDT products
- Develop NIR-II imaging systems for in vivo fluorescence based molecular imaging
- Develop novel NIR-II probes
- Synthesis of nanomaterials for biological applications
- Develop portable diagnostics devices based on our fluorescence enhancement platform
- Resolve any technical issues that arise during development
- Plan and execute pilot studies for optically detecting traditional biomarkers on novel platforms
- Work with the Nirmidas Biotech team in planning and testing future products
- Stay aware of developments within the digital healthcare arena
- Assist in marketing Nirmidas’ innovative new products
- Produce rigorous lab documents and maintain a well-organized laboratory notebook
- Strong knowledge in the biology and medicine fields.
- Optics/fluorescence background and expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of programming in Matlab, Labview or similar program
Experience or Educational Requirements:
- Possess a doctoral degree in physical sciences, biology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or related field with 2-4 years of relevant experience
- IVD product development and FDA approval experience
- Knowledge with ISO13485 Quality System and FDA 510(K) QSR compliance is strongly favored
- Experience in developing optical devices for medical imaging
- Experience in other optical medical devices is a plus
- Relevant experience in a biotech startup setting is beneficial
- Industrial experience in related fields is a plus
- Proficiency and experience in writing government research grants is a plus
Primary Location: North America-United States-CA-Palo Alto
Please submit your resume/CV via indeed: